Level 2 means dark brown in hair language. It can also translate to fear of the unknown when embarking on a color journey for our natural level 2 clients with tight curls. In formulating for our clients we often are faced with developing a complementary finished product on hair that my have product buildup, previous boxed color, henna, and/or struggling with a lack of maintence and dehydration.
Level 2 is the answer to how Cut It Kinky co-founder Aeleise addresses these issues in the salon with potential and current color clients while maintaining an intact tight curl pattern.
Level 2 will be held in Montgomery, AL at Tress Bien Salon March 29th + 30th, 2020
In this workshop we will address
- working with undertones in the natural level
- formulating for proper lift levels and pigment load
- developer strength and how to do almost anything with 20vol or lower
- decolorizing safely with lightener
- toning accurately
- unicorn formulating and application
- formula consistency and choosing the right product for the job
- elements of a thorough color consultation
- educating clients on maintaining color at home
- developing a care plan that will turn any client into a color client
We are Aeleise (pink hair) and Aishia (blonde hair) practicing natural hair stylists, moms to tiny humans, upsetters of the Internet, beauty industry disrupters, lovers of fact based hair care, tight curl experts, brand agnostic educators, Authoress behind Wash Your Damn Hair and just your overall snarky girlfriends who really know our ish. Our hair is only picture ready about 60% of the time, but we absolutely adore the curls we get to care for in the salon and online. We’re just here to help you create a joyful, simple, and fabulous experience with your black girl curls.